The Book, Cat, & Cat Book Lovers Almanac

of historical trivia regarding books, cats, and other animals. Actually this blog has evolved so that it is described better as a blog about cats in history and culture. And we take as a theme the advice of Aldous Huxley: If you want to be a writer, get some cats. Don't forget to see the archived articles linked at the bottom of the page.

July 10, 2017

July 10, 1856

Nikola Tesla (July 10, 1856 to January 7, 1943) is a Serbian whose scientific ideas helped create modernity. I cannot really evaluate Tesla's significance. You might think, well, she can speak authoritatively on his cat. But, no. We read the cat's name was Macak. I have grown weary trying to trace all the vandalism in cat names and stories.
In honor of Tesla's birthday, here a link to the assessment of a modern fan of his. Let me just say that Tesla did think he could talk to pigeons. However I don't see that as evidence of insanity. I myself am trying to communicate with crows.

And the same cartoonist (Matthew Inman), is big on cats. 

No comments: