The Book, Cat, & Cat Book Lovers Almanac

of historical trivia regarding books, cats, and other animals. Actually this blog has evolved so that it is described better as a blog about cats in history and culture. And we take as a theme the advice of Aldous Huxley: If you want to be a writer, get some cats. Don't forget to see the archived articles linked at the bottom of the page.

February 17, 2017

February 17, 1929

Alejandro Jodorowsky (February 17, 1929) is a Chilean film maker with roots in the Russian shetls.

His artistic talents bloomed during his life in Paris. He is best known for the film El Topo (1970) where his ideas on shamanism and Buddhism are displayed. He has experimented with many media.

Jodorowsky has said:

“Most directors make films with their eyes; I make films with my testicles.“

and

"What I am trying to do when I use symbols is to awaken in your unconscious some reaction. I am very conscious of what I am using because symbols can be very dangerous...."


Here is our artist:





He is hard to make sense of, often, but I get this quote:

"Five cats and a woman. That is all I need in life."

No comments: