The Book, Cat, & Cat Book Lovers Almanac

of historical trivia regarding books, cats, and other animals. Actually this blog has evolved so that it is described better as a blog about cats in history and culture. And we take as a theme the advice of Aldous Huxley: If you want to be a writer, get some cats. Don't forget to see the archived articles linked at the bottom of the page.

December 29, 2015

December 29, 1959


Is there a funnier lady than Paula Poundstone (December 29, 1959)? No, not if you mean people in the public eye.

Her book There's Nothing in This Book That I Meant to Say (2006) includes this gem:
"I clean a lot. I have to. My cat Balou is allergic to cat hair."

She lives in Santa Monica with her children. My wish for the family is that they be safe and happy.

No comments: